Permitted Parking in Final Configuration
Construction Information for Phase 1 (West 85th Street to West 50th Street):
- May 4, 2022 public meeting recording:
- May 4, 2022 public meeting presentation:
- Questions & Answers from the May 4 public meeting:
- West Franklin Boulevard Traffic Advisory:
Visit the Project Feedback page for project updates and responses to public comments.
Construction Contract Award:
March 21, 2022
Construction To Begin:
Estimated Construction Cost
Project Funding Sources
$2,354,609 – Federal Funds
$750,670 – City Road and Bridge Bonds $330,000 – TLCI Funds
Cleveland City Council Representatives
Jenny Spencer and Kerry McCormack
In 2017 and 2018, the Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA), the City, and the Detroit Shoreway and Ohio City neighborhoods engaged in a comprehensive planning process to understand Franklin’s crash and speed dynamics and make recommendations to calm traffic, improve safety, and increase bicyclist and pedestrian comfort along the corridor. This planning process was the result of years of resident advocacy and agency partnerships, including technical planning assistance from NOACA staff. Through surveys, meetings, mailings, corridor signage, emails, social media, and news coverage, hundreds of residents and other corridor users were engaged to inform the recommendations in the Franklin Traffic Calming Transportation for Liveable Communities Initiative (TLCI) plan. Although some adjustments from the TLCI plan are necessary as the design advances from conceptual to engineering design standards, many of the plan recommendations are incorporated in the project designs presented on this website, including replacing traffic signals with neighborhood traffic circles, adding high visibility crosswalks and rectangular rapid flashing beacons, and using no parking zones to define the roadway and shorten pedestrian crossing distances.
For a complete overview of the Franklin Traffic Calming planning materials, engagement process, and feedback received, visit www.noaca.org/franklin.
This project will rehabilitate Franklin Blvd. from West 85th Street to West 25th Street. The project will include the following components:
- Complete asphalt resurfacing, including full and partial depth pavement repairs where needed.
- Realignment of West 85th Street intersection adding ADA-compliant curb ramps
- Mini roundabouts at several locations as part of traffic calming measures.
- Improved pedestrian crossings including installation of rectangular rapid flashing beacons (RRFBs) at select crosswalks.
- Signing and pavement marking upgrades, including sharrows along corridor.
Submit Your Contact Information Below To Receive Project Notices